The Commander In Chief, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has actually approved the expansion of the current cycle of the national response to COVID-19 by one more 4 weeks.
The effects are that all the guidelines established to curtail the additional spread of the infection under the 2nd phase of the alleviated lockdown which began on June 1 will certainly remain effective with mild adjustments to attend to the financial, socio-political as well as wellness issues as consisted of in the most up to date review by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19.
The Chairman of the task force, that is also the Assistant to the Federal Government of the Federation, Employer Mustapha, revealed this at the rundown of the task force in Abuja on Thursday.
Within the following 4 weeks, Mustapha claimed state governments as well as permissions of the Federal Funding Region would certainly be mandated to implement non-pharmaceutical measures and also increase procedures such as contact tracing.
The SGF claimed, “After due consideration of the recommendations, Mr. President approved the following: maintaining the current phase of the national response to COVID-19 for another four weeks in line with the modifications reflected in the report”.
“He approved the partnering states and local governments to improve community sensitization and engagement to the COVID-19 response; and mandating state authorities and the FCT to enforce non-pharmaceutical guidelines, primarily the use of face masks in a public appearance and places”.
“The President approved that state governments should be encouraged to collaborate with local government authorities to intensify necessary measures such as contact tracing, grass-roots mobilization, and risk communication; and strengthening of collaboration with other mandate groups at federal/state levels to harmonize the country’s COVID-19 response, on the short, medium and long-term basis.”
He claimed the suggestions made to the Head of state had been borne out of the attentive evaluation of the situation in Nigeria as effectively as global and local experiences.
Mustapha claimed the major modifications being suggested were targeted at accomplishing the steady re-opening of global air trips within well-known criteria; re-opening of rail transport within well-known specifications; granting permission to exit courses to return to ahead of assessments; enabling civil servants from Quality Degree 12 to resume work; as well as opening leisure parks for monitored exercises.
Offering more details on the changed guidelines, the PTF National Organizer, Dr. Sani Aliyu, claimed the 10 pm to 4 am curfew would certainly stay in place nationwide as fitness centers, movie theaters, and bars would certainly remain shut.
He stated the guidelines released for praise centers additionally stayed the same.
“Visiting of hospitalized patients remains limited to immediate family. And we continue to recommend a maximum of 20 people including family members when it comes to the attendance of funerals and other essential gatherings such as gatherings that cannot be changed,” he said.
He also said schools would remain closed except for graduating classes.
Aliyu said, “However, schools must comply with the six recommended steps and required measures issued by the Federal Ministry of Education and which is available online”.
“For government and other corporate offices, we are now extending work hours to the normal office hours from Monday to Friday with the mandatory use of non-medical face masks”.
“We encourage work at a home policy for civil/public servants below Grade Level 12.”
The national coordinator said the National Youth Service Corps had been advised: “to start planning ahead of resumption in future phases but not within the current phase of the response”.
He spotted that while financial institutions had been recommended to begin complete operations, they were advised to lower financial hall occupancy by consumers to 50 percent and also occupancy of their offices to 75 percent.
Aliyu claimed the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control was additionally working towards deploying modern technology to make results of COVID-19 tests offered online.
He said, “The NCDC will continue to work, I am sure, with NCC (the Nigeria Communications Commission) and other parts of the IT industry. A very good example is working towards people accessing their results online. You have a COVID test done, you no longer have to rely on being phoned. It will allow persons to just log on and you will be given a number through your phone and you can access your own results.”
Aliyu once more eliminated COVID-19 screening for pupils and also schoolchildren as preconditions to return to courses.
Meanwhile, Mustapha said 8,000 Nigerians have actually so far been left from abroad because of the break out of coronavirus.